Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Rockets’ Christian Wood looks forward to first meeting with former team - Houston Chronicle

sedar.indah.link

Photo of Jonathan Feigen

Houston Rockets center Christian Wood (35) dribbles during the third quarter of the NBA game against the Golden State Warriors Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at Toyota Center in Houston.

Houston Rockets center Christian Wood (35) dribbles during the third quarter of the NBA game against the Golden State Warriors Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at Toyota Center in Houston.

Yi-Chin Lee/Staff photographer

After missing 17 games with a sprained right ankle, and with the Rockets on a franchise-record 18-game losing streak, Christian Wood would likely have welcomed a chance to play in any game against any opponent. Still, he was especially happy to be back in time to play against the Pistons, his former team, on Friday, having had to miss the Rockets game in Detroit this season.

“It means a lot,” Wood said. “I can’t wait to play against them. Unfortunately, I have to be on a minute restriction again. I think that will be my last game (playing limited minutes.) Even then, I’m going to try to play hard and give it everything I got within that minute restriction. I’m going to try to find my rhythm a little early because I think (on Wednesday) I found my rhythm in the second half.”

Wood had 21 points and nine rebounds on Wednesday against the Warriors, playing just 26 minutes. He went 5 of 7, scoring 12 points in 12 ½ minutes in the second half.

He had said after scoring 27 points on 11 of 13 shooting against the Pelicans in January that he wanted to show that former team what it had let get away. But Wood was unsure quite how he would feel playing against the Pistons, who have just one of his former teammates, Sekou Doumbouya, still on the team.

“There’s a lot of feelings,” Wood said. “I guess we’ll just have to see when the game gets started.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"wood" - Google News
March 19, 2021 at 05:17AM
https://ift.tt/30TVo4v

Rockets’ Christian Wood looks forward to first meeting with former team - Houston Chronicle
"wood" - Google News
https://ift.tt/3du6D7I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Best Furniture for Small Spaces, According to 8 Designers - Architectural Digest

sedar.indah.link Choosing furniture for small spaces can be a headache. With sky-high rents and property prices in urban areas like New Yor...

Popular Posts