Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Nathaniel Wood Won't Rush Greatness - The Official Website of the Ultimate Fighting Championship

sedar.indah.link

Most importantly, the loss reminded him that in order to defeat the elite, he needs to be patient and not force things.

“John Dodson hat’s off to him, he beat me that night, but I’ve come away now and I’ve improved as a fighter,” Wood said. “I’ve looked at the holes in my game and I’ve worked on them and now I’m not going to be rushing. I’m not going to be going in there trying to finish the fight desperately. I’m going to pick my shots, pick him apart and look for the finish when it comes.”

Wood will be looking for that finish against John Castaneda on UFC Fight Island 3 this weekend. Castaneda, who won a fight by unanimous decision on Dana White’s Contender Series in 2017, will be making his UFC debut.

And while Wood understands that Castaneda will be dangerous once that Octagon door shuts, he isn’t worried about the challenges that his opponent will present.

“He’s good in all areas but I don’t think he’s amazing in any areas. I think he’s a very good fighter and that’s it. Good,” Wood said candidly of Castaneda. “I don’t feel he’s good enough to beat me and I don’t say that out of arrogance; I purely say that out of confidence. I look at my fights and I look at his and I can’t see him beating me in any areas and I think his best hope is that I make a mistake. After my last fight, I’m not coming in making any mistakes this time.”

More UFC Fight Island 3: Carla Esparza Climb Back | Shogun's Mentality | UFC Fight Island 3 Significant Stats

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"wood" - Google News
July 23, 2020 at 04:12AM
https://ift.tt/30CG4Zh

Nathaniel Wood Won't Rush Greatness - The Official Website of the Ultimate Fighting Championship
"wood" - Google News
https://ift.tt/3du6D7I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Best Furniture for Small Spaces, According to 8 Designers - Architectural Digest

sedar.indah.link Choosing furniture for small spaces can be a headache. With sky-high rents and property prices in urban areas like New Yor...

Popular Posts